Comma Placement - Exercise 6
- Each sentence below contains a parenthetical expression, a word or phrase that interrupts the sentence with information that may be helpful, but not essential. Since commas set off parenthetical expressions, each sentence should, therefore, contain a set of commas. Decide which choice contains the sentence with the correctly placed commas by clicking on the red button next to that choice. This will turn the button yellow.
- Select the pair of words between which the two commas should be placed. Do this by clicking on the red button next to your choice. This will turn the button yellow.
- If you accidentally click on the wrong button, simply click on the button you meant to select.
- Now proceed to the next sentence and continue in the same manner until you have finished all 10 sentences.
- Click on "Show my Score" to determine your percentage score. All correct answers will be lit in green.